Client: Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited
Project Description: FFBL, one of the largest Fertilizer producers in the region, has been a more than 100% dividend paying company since 2004. However, the organization was operating in a very bureaucratic fashion with no utilization of modern trends in using IT as a backbone like Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Human Capital Management and Finance Functions. In order to remain competitive and transform into an agile organization, the Management sought to leverage Information Technology to enable Organizational Transformation, thereby improving effectiveness and efficiency. To that end, FFBL acquired the services of VTT for setting up of a Project Office, overall Change Management, Business Process Re-engineering, E-enablement through latest Tools and Technologies, Planning and Managing execution of end-to-end ERP solution in the company.
VTT, as strategic and technical advisors to FFBL, induced Corporate Cultural Change and E-Enabled Business Transformation in the bureaucratic and strong hierarchical organization of FFBL. VTT assisted FFBL by:
- Setting-up of a large scale PMO for achieving IT Enabled Business Transformation utilizing VTT’s Project Management expertise and standardized frameworks. The PMO sought to establish a One-Team Concept by involving key resources from the client’s side in project execution.
- Providing Strategic Guidance and devising Change Management Strategies for E-Enablement.
- Leading the Organizational Change effort through intensive trainings and workshops for middle and higher Management. This also included extensive internal communication management.
- Optimization, Automation and Gap Analysis of the Business Processes of FFBL (including HR and Finance Department) to minimize the redundancy, delays and errors in overall organizational business functions and maximize the efficiency, timeliness and accuracy in the information flow.
- Establishment of a futuristic IT infrastructure in FFBL which may cater for the needs of organizational business for next 8-10 years with optimum total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Facilitation and Empowerment of FFBL Employees with the latest tools and technologies to enable them share their knowledge, work and resources in an integrated collaborated environment. This included the implementation and configuration of a workable SharePoint Portal Solution.
- Selecting vendors, monitoring and guiding vendor performance, and providing regular status updates to management.
As a result, the company saved valuable revenue by eliminating wasted resources in supply chain, finance and administrative processes.